Author Topic: Crate Diggin'  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Drek

• Heretic
Crate Diggin'
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
Short story is I've been spending a lot of time this month going crate digging (looking for gems in old record stores and so on) for samples to use). Now I have a ton of shit. Also got lots of things from the internet.

After listening to some old arabic music from the 17th century, some Ottoman war music, I realized there's millions of songs out there that never hardly even reach the internet and especially not any record stores here. And besides, the internet is like 1 big book with no real chapters, or indexes. You can search all you want but with all the other useless shit floating around you rarely get to the source you want unless you already know what you're looking for.

Sooo Schism...! Show me all your crazy, old, vintage russian music from the 500s and up. Or old stuff reinacted. Orchestra music... Dark music. Electro music. Anything, everything! Show me what you got and I'll see how it goes. ;)

BTW any song goes... You dont have to listen for any parts that have exactly 1, 2, or 4 bars. Just anything RARE would be good.

BTW I am only talking about songs here, not cutted samples or anything. AND NO NEW MUSIC... :)

So post all you want to, this is also a good chance to check out different music from different cultures, whether its western, eastern, etc. Any old music you heard, whether funk... disco.. EVIL SHIT... Whatever. Any rare GEMS! Post it!

Thanks!

Offline Drek

• Heretic
Re: Crate Diggin'
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
Now did I mention that ANYTHING goes..

Old music.. Old movies... Anything with sound, or melodies in it.

Youtube links.. MP3 files.. MP4. Wav. preferred though but who cares, any share site files and whatever you can come up with!

Have fun.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:35:08 PM by Drek »

Offline Irx

• Schism Messiah
  • eye on you
    • eternal void
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
I'm not into that kind of stuff, so don't have any personal archieves or know any rare links.

Still, this would be the obvious place to look for soviet heritage (use google translation if needed, the interface is pretty generic):

http://torrents.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=100 - soviet films.
http://torrents.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=1635 - soviet music (mp3).
http://torrents.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=1634 - soviet music (lossless).

Oh, and most of those torrents can be considered legal, if you care about it - culture belongs to the people, everything out of soviet era is copyright-free. ;)

p.s. foreign IPs might be banned, never checked - in that case finding a russian proxy may be neccesary.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:42:32 PM by Irx »
Anton Escher Veles // believing is bleeding : lastfm

Offline Drek

• Heretic
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
I don't really care about legal or not, it's a boarderline grayzone anyway. ;)

I'll check it out!