Author Topic: American Psycho  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Drek

• Heretic
American Psycho
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/

Best movie ever. If you haven't seen it, be sure to check it out!

It sure shows how our animal insticts can be OPENED, if we let them and how it can affect our thinking and our lust for change. It gives a good view on corporate America as well (and the rest of the world as well, I guess. This movie could've taken place in any part of the world).

PS. I hope this is the right forum part for things like this. I will be hanging out in here A LOT.  :biglove:

Offline Vox Dei

• Schism Messiah
  • Kamenkhenti
    • Schismatic Coven
Re: American Psycho
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/

Best movie ever. If you haven't seen it, be sure to check it out!

It sure shows how our animal insticts can be OPENED, if we let them and how it can affect our thinking and our lust for change. It gives a good view on corporate America as well (and the rest of the world as well, I guess. This movie could've taken place in any part of the world).

PS. I hope this is the right forum part for things like this. I will be hanging out in here A LOT.  :biglove:

Believe me, movie totally sucks to the book!

Moreover have read most of the Bret Easton Ellis's book: "Glamorama" was the first, then "American Psycho", "The Informers" and this summer "Less Than Zero" and "Lunar Park". The last his book remain unread "The Rules of Attraction" wasn't translated to russian.

But back to Psycho... For me it was more interesting in presenting the two different worlds contrast. How the brute mixed with glamour. Blood with purity. And more over - its a great book about the consumer society. Haven't rarely seen so much fiction criticism on it.

P.S. Yes-yes. It's rather normal here.
Kill, Kill, Kill for inner peace.
Bomb, Bomb, Bomb for mental health.
Therapy through violence!

Offline Irx

• Schism Messiah
  • eye on you
    • eternal void
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
Believe me, movie totally sucks to the book!
I don't believe you.
Anton Escher Veles // believing is bleeding : lastfm

Offline Drek

• Heretic
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
Well the books are always better than the movies :)

AMerican Psycho 2.. I just try to imagine it doesn't exist.

But you gotta admit that for a movie over a book they REALLY did it well (of course they took out a lot of really sick stuff that wouldn't be as easy to make visually than in words and lots of stuff like torturing rats etc that'd just make the movie really really long).

But yeah it has a lot of interesting things in it. Btw the link was just for screenshots and what not if there was anyone out there who hadn't watched this movie.

Offline Vox Dei

• Schism Messiah
  • Kamenkhenti
    • Schismatic Coven
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »
Seen the movie from beginning to end again, and thus, in this case, can maintain the great difference between this video and the book more resolutely.

The movie draws out another shortcomings of the main character. There'are more useless thoughts, more monologues, more simple, primitive madness. Else the charater seems to be not so totally spoiled.

And in this case I really suggest you - read the book. About the real action. About blood and gore.
Here one can find the most amazing murder scences full of unstopabble violence. The author describes all, even very small details (like precious jewellery), of slow, vicious murders of women and men, that mostly took several pages of fantastic bloody-fantasies.

The book is not about reflections and thoughts of the main character. It's about a true psychopath.

P.S. Really think that every schismatic must read it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:43:03 PM by Vox Dei »
Kill, Kill, Kill for inner peace.
Bomb, Bomb, Bomb for mental health.
Therapy through violence!